Parents usually do whatever they can for their child’s development. They invest in all kinds of toys or devices that will help their children learn how to walk or communicate. Thanks to modern technology, there are many ways to help your child with that. You no longer have to rely solely on your abilities to teach and educate. You have many tools at your disposal, and one of them is an exersaucer. It is an excellent device that will provide standing support for your child, and the same time, your baby gets to do some exercise in a fun environment.
Why not baby walkers?
Until recently, people used to invest in baby walkers. It was an excellent idea when they first came out and many years after, but now parents do not trust them anymore. Why? Because there have been many injuries involving baby walkers. The fact that the baby would move the walker around imposed multiple risks. One of them was that the wheels could take the baby wherever he or she had access to. And if by anychance, the child could reach something, he or she could have tipped that something over. There have been reported cases when the baby would pull something from a table or other pieces of furniture and hit his or her head.
Another risk is that the child could tip over. That would also lead to unwanted injuries. However, pediatricians also say the baby walker has the ability to delay some development processes, like crawling and learning to move around independently.
The benefits of a baby exersaucer
As you can imagine, manufacturers came with an excellent alternative to the baby walker. They released the exersaucer and people started to wonder if it was any better than the previous option. Most of the opinions are subjective. However, there are some individual benefits the exersaucer brings.
- It gives you a break – as a parent, you have a million things to do. Since you have to watch the baby all the time, you will not catch a break. However, an exersaucer will allow you to do all the things you need to do. You can place the baby in the exersaucer and go about your business without worrying that you child will move around without supervision. Moreover, you can put the exersaucer right in the room where you are. For example, if you are washing the dishes, you can put it in the kitchen. One thingiscertain: your baby will not get into mischief.
- They are fun for the baby – a small child will always love to play with toys. All exersaucers are equipped with a variety of colorful toys and sounds. In an exersaucer, the child will have the fun of his life (so far).
- The baby will learn new skills – in an exersaucer, your baby will be able to bounce as much as he wants. That will teach him to control his feet. His tiny hands will reach for toys, which teaches him hand-eye coordination. The colorful toys and the happy sounds are perfect for his brain development. Not to mention that he or she will learn that pushing buttons will lead to unusual It depends on the model, but most exersaucers are interactive and challenging for babies.
- It has positive effects on babies with cerebral palsy – this is not the most pleasant topic, but this is a reality that many parents have to live with. The opinions on the issue differ, but there is a trend among parents and physicians to use an exersaucer to stimulate a baby with cerebral palsy. There have even been studies on the matter, and some positive effects have been encountered. One thing is clear though: it cannot hurt.
Just like any other thing is this world, exersaucer have a few disadvantages as well. However, keep in mind that they can be eliminated if you put the baby in the exersaucer just the right amount of time. Here are the most notable disadvantages.
- Bad posture – the baby has the tendency to shit into an uncomfortable position. He or she will seldom tip the head back and the shoulders too high. The hips will also be pulled apart by the fabric that holds the baby, and the back will be too arched. That is why it is best if you check the baby regularly, and do not let your child in the exersaucer for too long.
- Underdevelopment of balance control – a baby’s center of gravity will always be forward. If you place the infant in the exersaucer too many times for too long, that will not change. You cannot interfere with his or her development of balance, which is why you need to limit the time spent on the device.
How to choose the best exersaucer?
Before making a purchase, it would be best to take into consideration a few things. Most of the times parents want such a product according to their preferences, and that is okay. However, there are a few things that an exersaucer must have.
- Stable base – the base will practically hold the baby and maintain stability. If the base is wobbly, the baby may still tip over and get an injury of some sort. Make sure that the base is sturdy and made of high-quality materials. Otherwise, you should not bother.
- Adjustable height – from the moment your baby is ready for an exersaucer which is about four to six months after birth, and until he reaches an age when he can walk by himself, there will be many changes in height. That is why it is best if you invest in an exersaucer that has an adjustable height. Your baby will get to enjoy it for longer, and you will be spared from buying a new product everytime the baby overgrows it.
- Multiple means of entertainment – children are bored easily, which is why the exersaucer you buy must have variousways of having fun. Try to find something that has bright colors and happy sounds. Many models come with a theme, and you know what your baby prefers. The point of the whole thing is to keep your child occupied. If you buy an exersaucer with few toys and no sounds, the child will become bored and will not enjoy the time spent in on the device.
- Comfort – when it comes to babies, comfort is one of the primary concerns. If the child is uncomfortable, he or she will associate the time spent in the exersaucer with something unpleasant. As a result, he or she will reject the idea of getting back in the exersaucer.
What are the best exersaucers?
There are countless baby exersaucers out there that can provide exactly what you need for you and your baby. However, if you are having a difficult time in finding the right one, here are three of the best exersaucers you can find online.
Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
The Jumperoo from Fisher-Price is one of the best sellers when it comes to baby exersaucers. It has gatheredcountless high ratings and excellent reviews. The reason behind that is not difficult to see. It is an extraordinary product that babies have a lot of fun with. It is a device that provides a lot of comfort and stability, which is why parents trust it 100%.
The Jumperoo was designed for babies who can already keep their heads without any help and cannot climb out or walk. The manufacturer emphasizes that recommendation so that injuries of any sort cannot occur. If the criteria are met, your baby can jump up and down safely. It has a sturdy base that will not allow tipping over, and you will have peace of mind when you leave your baby in it.
The Fisher-Price Jummperoo has plenty of interactive toys that will stimulate your baby’s brain so that he or she has a healthy development. One of the most fun features is the fact that your baby will be rewarded with lights, sounds, and music everytime he or she will jump around. The device also features a light-up musical piano. Other features include a soft-sided overhead toy bar with different toy animals that you baby will work hard at reaching. For easy storage and portability, the manufacturer designed the Jumperoo so that you can fold it down. You can take the exersaucer down easily so that it occupies little space. That way it can fit in many places. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
EvenfloExersaucer Bounce and Learn Sweet Tea Party
The Evenflo is yet another excellent exersaucer that your baby will have plenty of fun with. Watching it play on this device is a reason for joy and laughter, which is why this is another favorite product that parents simply love. Unlike the previous exersaucer, this one has three levels of height adjustments. No matter how much you baby growsin the amount of time you use the exersaucer, you can adjust it so that your child stays in a healthy and comfortable position. The base covers the entire surface underneath the device, which makes it sturdy and stable.
The seat pad is entirely removable, which will allow you to take it out and throw it in the washing machine. That will make your job of cleaning the exersaucer much easier. As for the effects it has on your baby’s development, the Evenfloprovides a safe play and learning environment. The exersaucer will help him or her with the development of fine and gross motor skills, visual exploration, tactile development, hand-eye coordination, cause and effect learning, and much more.
The baby will also get a lot of exercise. It will strengthen the muscles in the neck, back, and legs. The child can spin, bounce, and rock in the Evenflo. The toys around the product will keep your baby occupied every time he or she spends some time in the exersaucer. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Baby Einstein Rhythm of the Reef Activity Saucer
Last but not least, Baby Einstein exersaucer is a plastic activity saucer that will challenge your baby’s learning abilities. It comes with more than twelve activities that include a piano with volume control and three play modes. Even more, the device provides language learning. Your baby will hear words in English, French, and Spanish.
This activity saucer provides excellent support. The high back seat is padded, so you do not have to worry about the lack of comfort. The seat can rotate 360º so that your baby has access to all toys. That will also teach him coordination. The exersaucer comes with 5 height positions, and as a result, you can adjust it easily once your baby grows.
The seat pad is removable so that you can clean it with ease. Once you are done with it, you can lay it flat for easy storage. That feature also makes the Baby Einstein activity saucer portable. However, do not expect to get very small. You only remove the top part and turn it over. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I am going to have to go with the herd on this one and choose the Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo. It has excellent features, and I cannot ignore the fact that it is one of the best exersaucers on the market. I cannot argue with thousands of parents who have already bought the product and claim to be extremely satisfied with their purchase.
The baby exersaucer is not something new. Manufacturers have been developing it as early as the 90’s. However, it seemed that the trend boomed only a few years ago, and parents all over the world have to have it. You should try it too. I am sure that one of the products described above will satisfy your needs. And the baby’s as well. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Evenflo Exersaucer
- The Benefits of Baby Jumperoo
- The Baby Exersaucer Cover Up
- Dirty Facts About Baby Jumper Uncovered
- Exersaucer Exposed
- Door Baby Bouncer: the Ultimate Convenience!
- Best Baby Jumperoo – the Conspriracy
- The Secret of Baby Einstein Saucer Nobody Is Talking About
- What You Don’t Know About Baby Einstein Bouncer Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Ruthless Jungle Exersaucer Strategies Exploited
- Important Solutions for Baby Jumper Age in Easy to Follow Step by Step Detail
- Find Out Who is Talking About Best Jumper for Baby and Why You Should Be Concerned
- Baby Activity Jumper at a Glance
- The Nuiances of Evenflo Jumper
- The Ultimate Solution for Best Jumperoo
- Whispered Exersaucer Reviews Secrets
- Up in Arms About Infant Jumper?
- The Secrets of Baby Bouncer Walker Revealed
- What’s Truly Going on with Activity Jumper
- Fisher Price Exersaucer – What Is It?
- A Secret Weapon for Baby Einstein Activity Center
- The Downside Risk of Bright Starts Exersaucer That No One Is Talking About
- Exersaucer Door Jumper Ideas
- The Exersaucer Jumper Cover Up
- New Step by Step Roadmap for Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun
- All About Exersaucer Age
- Buying Jumperoo
- What You Don’t Know About Baby Door Jumper
- Top Jumper Baby Secrets
- The Importance of Jumper for Baby
- Doorway Jumper Secrets
- Astonishing Info Regarding Best Baby Jumper Unveiled
- Baby Saucer Can Be Fun for Everyone
- Who Else Wants to Learn About Baby Einstein Jumper?
- The Tried and True Method for Baby Einstein Exersaucer in Step by Step Detail